The Tucson Wiki is a free encyclopedia of sorts that is being written collaboratively by people who live or have lived in Tucson. The following articles contain guidance and information about reading, authoring, and participating in the Wikipedia community.
Using Wikipedia Edit
- How to explore Wikipedia
- How to download Wikipedia content
- How to search for an article
- How to use talk pages
- How to use the Recent Changes page
- How to use the Related Changes page
- How to use the Go button
- How to log in
- How to set preferences (Meta-Wikimedia version)
- How to conduct research using Wikipedia
Modifying a Wikipedia pageEdit
- How to edit a page, including markup details. You can experiment with editing pages in the sandbox
- How to start a new page
- How to use categories
- How to use images (and the image use policy)
- How to use redirect pages
- How to use tables
- How to use templates (and the available templates)
- How to upload files to Wikipedia
- How to add boilerplate text
- How to create pages for topics with several different definitions
- How to rename (move) a page
- How to delete pages/images/categories
- How to link together Wikipedia articles in different languages
- How to link to sister projects
- How to revert a page to an earlier version
- How to edit an article so long that you can't edit
- How to edit with an external editor
- How to edit mathematical formulae using TeX
- How to produce graphics for pages
- How to protect/unprotect pages (sysops only)
Information and resources for contributors Edit
- Frequently-asked questions.
- Policies and guidelines for contributors.
- Glossary of common Wikipedia terms.
- Style and How-to Directory.
- Wikipedia's How to for a full list of help topics.
- How to write a great article.
- Public domain resources.
- Manual of style.
- Contributing to articles outside your native language.
- WikiProjects, writing and style guidelines for specific disciplines.
- Utilities for contributors.
- Resolving disputes.
Asking questions Edit
- Help desk for newcomers with questions about Wikipedia or editing.
- General Complaints for things in general (that is, a problem on more than one page) that could be fixed or made better.
- Village pump is the place for technical and policy issues.
- Reference desk, request an article or information. See also Requested articles.
Getting in touch Edit
- Contact us
- Wikipedia mailing lists
- Chat with other users on IRC
- Bug reports and feature requests
- Meta Wikipedia, a site that works alongside the main Wikipedia project. Here you can post essays and discussions about topics related to Wikipedia.
- Contingency page for when the main Wikipedia server is down
- MediaWiki User's Guide (links to another website) For those who have installed the MediaWiki software that runs this site, and need help using it.
Template:Hcar:ويكيبيديا:مساعدة ay:Help:Contents ca:Viquipèdia:Ajuda cs:Wikipedie:Nápověda cy:Wicipedia:Help da:Wikipedia:Hjælp de:Wikipedia:Hilfe el:Βικιπαίδεια:Βοήθεια Wikipedia:Help es:Wikipedia:Ayuda eo:Vikipedio:Helpo fr:Wikipédia:Aide gl:Wikipedia:Axuda gn:Help:Contents ko:위키백과:도움말 hi:विकिपीडिया:सहायता it:Aiuto:Aiuto he:ויקיפדיה:עזרה ka:Wikipedia:დახმარება lb:Hëllef:Hëllef nl:Wikipedia:Help ja:Wikipedia:ヘルプ no:Wikipedia:Hjelp pl:Wikipedia:Pomoc pt:Wikipedia:Ajuda ro:Wikipedia:Ajutor qu:Help:Contents ru:Википедия:Справка simple:Wikipedia:Help sk:Wikipédia:Pomoc sl:Wikipedija:Pomoč sr:Википедија:Помоћ fi:Wikipedia:Ohje sv:Wikipedia:Hjälp tr:Wikipedia:Yardım uk:Вікіпедія:Довідка (проект) vi:Help:Mục lục zh:Wikipedia:幫助
Pages in category "Help"
This category contains only the following page.